Do you have a fun summer party, get together, or house party you’re attending or hosting? Why not create a simple cheezy jalapeño appetizer that’s going to get everyone Lit? I Love using this recipe for Super Bowl parties too.
I love creamy and silky textures in a recipe. When I went plant based I was so afraid of leaving cheese, yogurt, ice cream, and other dairy items. I thought for sure that I would never be able to enjoy creamy foods in my diet. Little did I know of the great creamy alternatives and even that nuts like cashews are very creamy when soaked and blended with liquid. A tip I will give you, when working with creamy dishes, add the slightest bit of crunch on top to balance texture and enhance the complexity of the dish.
If you are bringing this as an appetizer don’t tell anyone its plant based and just see what they say. It is truly my favorite thing to see people enjoy the dish and later in conversation see their face light up when they realize it was Vegan and has no cholesterol.
- 10 Jalapeños, cut in half length wise and seeds removed
- 1 tub non-dairy cream cheese (you’ll use half-so you can also double this recipe)
- 1/2 C. Dairy free cheese (I like Daiya pepper jack shreds)
- 1/4 C. Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
– preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Rinse and slice jalapeños in half, remove seeds and any white extra flesh inside.
– Place jalapeños on a baking dish and bake for 6 minutes.
– Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl with a spoon or spatula while jalapeños get a quick pre bake.
– Let jalapeños cool, then fill them with the mixture.
– For added cheezy look place a few shreds of cheese on each jalapeño separately.
– Cool for 12 minutes. Take out and cool.
– Option to garnish: green onions or fakin bakin bits
*** Don’t eat before your guests arrive or before you get to the party, people WILL be disappointed….