The creamier the better!! Yes, that’s right, I love creamy dressings and dips and anything saucey! This is such a great side or addition to tacos or a sandwich. You can try making a Pulled Jackfruit Sandwich and add this creamy crunchiness to the mix.
This recipe is pretty quick and easy to prepare and you can serve it immediately or let it sit to soak in even more flavor. Cabbage is dense and crunchy, when you add the dressing, it slowly begins to drink up the flavors and soften up a little. I prefer to let it sit at least six hours in the fridge to drink up all the flavors.
As a little girl, I loved being out at BBQs on the weekend in the park or in nature. I just loved being around others who were excited to be in nature and in the sun. Coleslaw was always one of my most favorite sides to add to my plate. When I got older, I realized you could throw it on a sandwich, in tacos, salads, and bowls. Allow your creativity to shine and don’t be shy to bring this to your next party, potluck, or event.
I used JUST mayonnaise which is a vegan mayo and one of the best I have tasted other than Follow Your heart, Vegenaise. I think it’s important to explore all of our options in the plant based world and I love finding new brands to tell my friends about. If you have a favorite brand you already use, be my guest and use it.
As for the cabbage, you can get green or red cabbage, or Napa Cabbage. You can even do a mix of two or all of them. I’m all about colorful dishes so I like to add more than one.
Remember, you can always add whatever you think is necessary to complete the taste, it’s not a worry at all. You are your own healer and the best creator for your health. Have fun, enjoy your food, and take some photos so you can post and tag me or send them to me directly and I’ll post them.
If you ever have questions about a recipe or are looking to take your health to the next level, email me or contact me on Instagram, I would love to speak with you! You can book a free consultation and we can talk all things health and Nutrition and life.
(Makes enough for 6-8 small portions or 3-4 larger portions)
– 5 cups green, Napa, or red cabbage OR about 3 packages of coleslaw cabbage mix.
– 3/4 cups shredded carrots (the more colorful the better
– 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
– 3 Tablespoons Blended date paste
– 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
– 1 1/2 Tablespoon Apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, or white balsamic vinegar is fine too.
– 1 Tablespoon freshly chopped Parsley
– 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– Tiny pinch Cumin
**Option: you can add 1/4 cup green or red onion thinly sliced or 2 Tablespoons chopped Jalapeño for extra flavor or just for garnish sprinkled on top.
– Chop and shred the cabbage and carrots and set them aside.
– To make the dressing, combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and stir until completely mixed.
– Pour dressing over the slaw or you can just throw the cabbage into the dressing bowl and mix well to coat every piece of cabbage.
– You can serve this dish right away, OR you can let it sit for at least 4-6 hours to really let the flavor soak in. Overnight is even better!
– Then, Enjoy!
Recipie for Pulled Jackfruit