This is an awesome, flavorful, and filling recipe!! So many people associate BBQs with warm weather, friends, and being outside in nature. It’s nostalgic, but also fun and tasty.
I didn’t grow up around a lot of red meat. In our home we ate “lean meats” like Turkey, chicken, and fish. The first time I had ribs, I was 15 at a boyfriends house for dinner. I tried one and didn’t think it was too bad. I think what stood out the most was how flavorful the BBQ sauce made it.
As I got older, getting to try different meats was a interesting for me, due to the different seasonings and flavors people used. It wasn’t until I did a vegan challenge for three months that I realized how much better my body worked without eating meat and dairy. After a year of being vegan for my health, I realized some huge injustice in the world of animal agriculture. I’m not one to shake my finger in your face and tell you you’re wrong for eating meat but after doing my research I realized how much injustice there was and is in the meat movement. I found out that meat and dairy industry fund millions of dollars towards scientific research and other projects and events which tells me that these projects and events feel they can not say anything derogatory about their investors… Correct?
Anyways, as you can imagine, there’s always a bad seed in any situation and there are unfortunately people that work for meat and dairy companies that don’t think animals have any rights or feelings and I have seen videos that show Really sad and horrific truths of what it really looks like behind the closed doors. I read in a book once that someone who did not want to disclose their name, that used to work at a meat factory, said that they had gotten bored one day and thought it would be funny to shove a broom up a pig’s butt. I thought that was so wrong and that was the day that I said, “I am now vegan for animals, as well as my health.”
I think we all have to come to our own conclusions in life for our health and well-being and anything else in general, whether it’s with relationships or life or work, by coming to conclusions with our own thoughts. So I think it’s really important that we do research, that we talk to other people, and that we always try to make the best decisions with informed information. If you ever have any questions please don’t hesitate to email me or comment on any of my posts. I am an open book and I will never judge you for eating meat but I do want to provide healthy alternatives that are cruelty free and still good for your health.
I do love health coaching and I am a certified health coach, so if you ever feel the need to take your life to the next step and would like to work together please book a free consultation.
For a BBQ pulled Jackfruit Bowl, Sandwich, or tacos.
(Makes about 4-5 portions) (Double this recipe if you want more 😍)
– 2 20 ounce Can of jackfruit
– 3/4 Cup BBQ sauce
– 3 Tablespoons water for cooking
– 1 teaspoon Salt
– 1 teaspoon Black pepper
– 3/4 teaspoon chili powder or paprika
To assemble the Bowl ingredients:
-Sautéed Garlic & Kale
-Cauliflower rice, Brown rice, or Quinoa.
-Optional: Add 1/4 Sliced Avocado on top.
– Drain and Rinse the Jackfruit from the can. Then using your fingers, shred the jackfruit. If it does not all shred, as the jackfruit cooks you can also break it up more.
– Add the BBQ sauce to the jackfruit in a bowl and mix together well, if you want to let it marinate for a couple hours or overnight for more flavor, be my guest, but you can do without this step too.
– Add the BBQ Jackfruit and water to a pan and cook on medium heat.
– Stir and let every piece touch the heat.
– Place a lid on the pan and let the sauce cook and marinate in with the Jackfruit for about 15-20 minutes. Stirring the jackfruit every 5 minutes.
– Your jackfruit should be nice and flavorful and ready to serve.
You can add a little more BBQ sauce if you’d like it a little more saucy.
– Make my creamy Coleslaw recipe, and put all ingredients in a bowl on top of some raw or sautéed spinach, or sautéed Garlic & kale, to make a Bowl. I always add avocado on top of my bowls, but you can do without this as well.
– You can also make a sandwich with these ingredients, for a pulled jackfruit Sandwich!! 😍😍
– As always, ENJOY!
Recipie for vegan choleslaw